Thursday, January 29, 2009

College Paper and Senior Year Courses

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted anything. I've been focused on college searching and scholarship finding, much thanks to my English class. My teacher has assigned her Junior classes a college research paper that is due at the end of the quarter. We are supposed to find 3 colleges we want to attend once we leave high school, 4 scholarships we can apply for, 3 organizations that help us become more well rounded students - no, not all-you-can-eat buffets - and 3 companies we want to work at after we receive whichever degree and major we have been working for.
So far it's a work in progress; I have found everything I am looking for, now I just need to do more exhaustive research on it all. Arizona State, Northern Arizona, and BYU - Provo are my college choices, though I will be applying to a few others.

So today the Junior class has signed up for Senior courses for next school year. I was surprised to see all of the brand new classes Williams Field and Higley are offering next year. To name a few new courses, there was Criminal Investigation, Engineering, Personal Finance & Banking, Psychology, Sociology, AP Physics, Anatomy, Government and Economics. These classes plus more can make our school a lot better and more fun for the students.
My class choices included English 101/102, Pre-Calculus, Government/Economics, Seminary, TV Broadcasting, and Literature and Film/Screenwriting. Being a senior, it'll be great to get out of school earlier. Most of my friends have to take a full day but some others will be taking the half day at school and then use the rest of the time to either go to community college classes or get a job or just relax at home. My two video classes, TV Broadcasting and Literature and Film/Screenwriting, I don't have to take but it'll be a fun experience for me for my last high school year.

So that's all that mattered to me on this Thursday, January the 29th. See you guys around!

No comments:

Post a Comment